Friday, January 8, 2010

Today's Lesson: Don't leave your breakfast unattended

He looks so peaceful and innocent in this photo that I could almost forget he's sleeping comfortably with my breakfast in his stomach.

This morning I actually had to leave my home office to drive the six miles to "town" at 7:00 a.m. so I treated myself to a stop at The Conglomerate Cafe in Calumet. I splurged on a large latte and a scone as my reward for a morning already spent contending with snow, ice, and making breakfast for our teenager. I guess Jack felt he was entitled to a little reward himself.

I left my much-anticipated scone on the counter for just a minute only to return to crumbs and a sleeping pooch. I'm not Sherlock Holmes, but I can put 2 and 2 together and come up with a very bad dog.

1 comment:

  1. Funny article! Jack looks very satisfied after your breakfast in deed :).

    ReplyDelete